cartoonfox | Mirlo Cai Cárdenas

17 January, 2007

Rusty life drawings and stuff.

Sorry for not posting on Monday, or Tuesday, I was sleeping.
Since the holidays I've been getting to bed very late and waking up late. It's a mixture of laziness, my love of sleep, cosy bed and Wii till 6am that causes it. Not my fault. Anyway, here's some life drawings I did on Monday.
I find that if I skip a week or two, I take a step back skill wise with life drawing. It's something you need to keep doing. So I was expecting after a 4/5 week break that I'd be pretty rusty. But at least I'm back at it.


Not much there I know, but I got there late, and had to sit on the floor in the corner with a rubbish view. Not the best start to the term. I plan to get there on time next week.

Today I managed to wake up early (2pm) to get to the art store and then to the Veláquez exhibition at the National Gallery here in London. Unfortunately it was sold out for the night, and so me and my friend decided to just walk round the permanent galleries. I saw a great painting by Adrián Pulido Pareja. I've never heard of him but I loved the painting so I tried to do a study of it.


Me slow + getting to the National Gallery late = me not getting much done.
I plan to go back and maybe finish this off. Or I might do some others. I want to wake up really early (12pm) and make a day of it.

Lastly, some super quick tube sketches in my new mini Molskine sketchbook.


That's it for now. I should get some more stuff scanned later this week.


Peace